Huron County OPP have laid a dozen charges after an impaired driver resisted arrest during an incident in Huron East.
On February 10th just before 9am, OPP received a complaint of a suspicious person in a minivan on Goderich Street West in Seaforth.
Officers had determined the man was impaired and prohibited from driving and was arrested. During the arrest the accused resisted and a further search found controlled substances and a knife were seized.
As a result a 35 year old man from South Huron was charged with a slew of offences including;
– Impaired Operation – Alcohol and Drugs,
– Operation while Prohibited,
– Resist Peace Officer,
– Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition for Dangerous Purpose,
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order – (four counts),
-Fail to Comply with Release Order – (two counts),
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Opioid,
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.