The South Bruce Grey Health Centre issued an advisory to area residents this afternoon informing them of Temporary Closure of the Chesley Hospital ER nightly from September 2nd to 6th.
The move that sees the department close from 5pm in the afternoon until the next morning at 7am is due to significant shortages of RNs and RPNs due to short notice sick leave.
The closures are:
- 5:00 pm on Friday, September 2nd to 7:00 am on Saturday, September 3rd
- 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 3rd to 7:00 am on Sunday, September 4th
- 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 4th to 7:00 am on Monday, September 5th
- 5:00 pm on Monday, September 5th to 7:00 am on Tuesday, September 6th
- 5:00 pm on Tuesday, September 6th to 7:00 am on Wednesday, September 7th
Anyone requiring immediate medical attention during this time should call 911 and they will be taken to the nearest operating Emergency Department.